Every parent wants to raise up their children in a manner pleasing to God, and sometimes you need all the help you can get! In this episode of the iDisciple Podcast, David is joined by a guest who knows a thing or two about raising Godly children: author and founder of For Girls Like You, Wynter Pitts.
Wynter was raised by her mother and grandmother in the inner city of Baltimore and s aw firsthand the effects of poverty and fatherlessness on a child. Because of God’s grace and her loving family, Wynter overcame her childhood surroundings and enjoyed immense success in academics and her career.
When her daughters were born, she made the choice to stay at home and focus on raising her daughters. During this time, Wynter began blogging and launched For Girls Like You magazine, a ministry dedicated to raising young girls to be more like Christ.
Wynter and David’s conversation is an in-depth look at the highs and lows of parenting, and is filled with practical advice about how to trust the Lord with the lives of your children.
We hope and pray that this discussion encourages you to lean not on your own understanding, but to rely on the Lord’s strength when raising up children!
- Wynter shares how she personally was affected growing up without a father, and how she began to see God as her father in the midst of it.
- How God revealed through her lack of contentment that she needed a change of heart.
- Why it’s so difficult to grow up these days as a little girl, particular with the world constantly telling them they need to act older than they are.
- The backstory behind Wynter and her husband’s prayer book, She Is Yours.
- Why it’s important as a parent, especially in the tough times, to realize that your kids belong to Christ.
- And many more!
Rate & Review
If you enjoy this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or Stitcher Radio and subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast! While you’re there, please leave us a rating and a review. We love to hear feedback from all of our subscribers!
If you know somebody in your life who could benefit from hearing God’s truth in this latest conversation, please share this episode on your social networks.
If you would like even more parenting pointers from writers like Wynter Pitts and organizations like For Girls Like You, download the iDisciple app! Since 2013, iDisciple has been leading people into a closer relationship with God through music, sermons, and devotionals, all in the palm of your hand! Check out www.idisciple.org to learn more, and sign-up for iDisciple today.
Thanks again for tuning in. God bless!