We live in a culture that idolizes being busy. Chances are, busyness is weighing on you as well!
On this week’s episode of the iDisciple Podcast, speaker, author, and social researcher Shaunti Feldhahn is joining us for the second time to discuss her new devotional, Find Rest: A Woman’s Devotional For Lasting Peace In A Busy Life. Shaunti’s new book is the perfect read for anyone out there who is struggling to find peace in the chaos of their everyday life, and is a life-changing resource for all of our female listeners no matter where you find yourself in life!
David and Shaunti discuss the inspiration and backstory behind Find Rest, why this topic is perfect for a devotional, and take a deep dive into the 8 different “Elements of Finding Rest” that Shaunti uses throughout the devotional. The conversation is a convicting and hope-filled look at our “busy culture” and will impart on you all sorts of knowledge and tips on how to find rest in Jesus.
We pray that the wisdom Shaunti leaves you with will inspire you to go on a journey away from chaos and into peace, and that Jesus will help you find rest in your hectic life!
Subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast
- Shaunti explains how her findings when she looked at the scientific reasons for stress in women influenced the writing of Find Rest.
- The importance of Find Rest being a devotional, and why it’s important to go on a day-to-day journey to find rest instead of trying to fix it all at once.
- Why it’s important to recognize your flaws and see the good in them instead of believing life would suddenly get better if you fixed one thing.
- How the 8 Elements of Finding Rest are applicable to you no matter what season of life you’re in.
- Why connecting daily with God is the single most important element of finding rest, and why it’s our tendency to neglect that.
- Shaunti shares how taking our thoughts captive and trusting God with them is a crucial component to not letting stress control our lives.
- And many more!
Rate & Review
If you enjoy this episode, please head over to iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher Radio and subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast! While you’re there, please leave us a rating and a review. We love to hear feedback from all of our subscribers!
If you know somebody in your life who could benefit from hearing God’s truth in this latest conversation, please share this episode on your social networks.
If you would like even more wisdom from Shaunti Feldhahn, download the iDisciple app! Since 2013, iDisciple has been leading people into a closer relationship with God through music, sermons, and devotionals, all in the palm of your hand! Check out www.idisciple.org to learn more, and sign-up for iDisciple today.
Thanks again for tuning in. God bless!