On the latest episode of the iDisciple Podcast, iDisciple CEO David Henriksen is joined by Ken Costa, international banker, philanthropist, and author. Ken gives us a little insight into how God has worked in his life during four decades in investment banking, and introduces us to his brand new book about the cross, Strange Kingdom: Meditations on the Cross to Transform Your Day-to-Day Life.
Ken was born and raised in South Africa before moving to England to study law and theology at Cambridge University. It was in London that Ken entered the investment banking field, where he spent more than four decades in roles such as Chairman of UBS Investment Bank for Europe, Middle East, and Africa, and Chairman of Lazard International.
During that time, Ken has invested heavily in raising up Christian leaders, serving as Chairman Emeritus of Alpha International and Dean of the Leadership College London. In recent years, Ken has founded God at Work and begun writing books about faith, work, and purpose. His most recent book, Strange Kingdom, isbeing released in March of 2018. Strange Kingdom is a powerful look at the cross and the king who died upon it, and is filled with life-changing reflections about the kingdom of God.
We pray that David and Ken’s conversation stirs you to take a deeper look at Jesus’ death on the cross, and inspires you to model your life after the savior!
Subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast
- Ken tells us a little more about his time growing up in South Africa during Apartheid and explains how his faith came alive to him during those years of his life.
- The meaning behind the phrase, “My work station is my worship station,” and more background information behind some of Ken’s earlier books.
- Why the symbolism of the cross is such an important but overlooked part of Christianity.
- How Jesus death on the cross marks a monumental shift from mankind searching for God and God reaching out to us.
- The true meaning of forgiveness as shown in the bible as opposed to the watered-down forgiveness we see all around us in the world today.
- How people mistakingly view the cross as something that will limit their lives with rules instead of giving them ultimate freedom through Jesus.
- And many more!
Thank you so much for joining us! We hope and pray that this episode of the iDisciple podcast was enlightening and relevant to you.
Rate & Review
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher Radio and subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast. While you’re there, please leave us a rating and a review. We love to hear feedback from all of our subscribers!
Do you know somebody in your life who could benefit from hearing God’s truth in this latest conversation? Please share this episode on your social networks.
If you would like even more life-changing content from Ken Costa, download the iDisciple app! Since 2013, iDisciple has been leading people into a closer relationship with God through music, sermons, and devotionals, all in the palm of your hand! Check out iDisciple to learn more, and sign-up for iDisciple today.
Thanks again for tuning in. God bless!