Leadership is hard, but important. How do we learn to lead in our homes, our workplaces, and in the world around us? Today’s guest is a wise leader in his own right but is joining us to talk about the greatest leadership example of them all: Jesus.
On this episode, David is joined by a great friend of Giving Company and one of our first ever guests on the iDisciple Podcast, Wisdom Hunters founder Boyd Bailey. Boyd is the writer of the Wisdom Hunters Daily Devotional, which reaches over 100,000 readers every day with God’s wisdom. In addition, he’s written over a dozen of books, co-founded Ministry Ventures, and is currently the president of the Georgia National Christian Foundation.
Boyd recently released his latest book, Learning to Lead Like Jesus, which takes readers through a series of principles Jesus demonstrated in his own ministry that we can apply to our lives today. These 11 principles will show all of us how to serve, inspire, and equip others exactly how Jesus did thousands of years ago.
We pray that David and Boyd’s discussion teaches you how to be the best leader you can be, and how the wisdom of Jesus and radically change your perspective on leadership.
- Boyd expands on why humility is such an important trait to have, and why it’s important to give up whatever we believe is ours in order to be a servant.
- What Boyd means when he says Jesus was accountable, and why his submission to God is something we should replicate.
- The reason gratitude is a character trait that links multiple other great character traits.
- Boyd explains how Jesus’ leadership has affected him and shares anecdotes for how it helped in his relationship with his father, his children, and his wife.
- Why suffering is a reality check for us as believers and how God used Boyd’s cancer diagnosis to change his thinking.
- Boyd shares stories about his time as a leader and what wisdom he needed to utilize in those different phases of his leadership.
- What it meant for Boyd to focus on the depth of his relationship with God, and how God took care of the breadth of his ministry.
- And many more!
Rate & Review
If you enjoy this episode, please head over to iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher Radio and subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast! While you’re there, please leave us a rating and a review. We love to hear feedback from all of our subscribers!
Do you know somebody in your life who could benefit from hearing God’s truth in this latest conversation? Please share this episode on your social networks.
If you would like even more content on the Holy Spirit, download the iDisciple app for your preferred mobile device today! Since 2013, iDisciple has been leading people into a closer relationship with God through music, sermons, and devotionals, all in the palm of your hand! Check out iDisciple.org to learn more.
Thanks again for tuning in. God bless!