What do we do when unexpected circumstances drastically change our lives? Sometimes it’s difficult to trust God when our whole world gets turned upside down. Today’s guest knows a thing or two about having their world shaken by unforeseen circumstances, and is setting out to show fellow believers how to lean into Jesus when times are tough.
Christine Caine is an Australian-born lover of Jesus, a world-changing activist, and one of the most influential authors and speakers in modern Christianity. Her passion is to make Jesus’ last command her first priority by giving her all to see the lost saved and to build the local church globally.
On top of authoring multiple books, Christine and her husband Nick have launched two incredible ministries: The A21 Campaign, an anti-human trafficking organization, and Propel Women, a ministry designed to equip and empower women in their God-given purpose.
We’re talking with Christine today about her latest book, Unexpected: Leave Fear Behind, Move Forward in Faith, Embrace the Adventure. In Unexpected, Christine implores readers to embrace the unexpected circumstances that inevitably change the course of our lives and trust in God’s purpose through the difficult times.
We pray that this conversation gives you hope in the midst of a difficult season and empowers you to pursue God’s purpose through the pain!
- Christine explains why she launched Propel Women, and why she thought it was important to create a ministry that empowers and encourages women no matter their situation in life.
- How Christine’s own unexpected circumstances, including a cancer diagnosis and dealing with betrayal, inspired her to dig into God’s truth about dealing with trials and write Unexpected.
- Why the enemy uses a spirit of fear to paralyze and cripple us from stepping into our God-given destiny and how to counteract that fear with faith.
- How disappointment is a destructive force that can stop us from seeing Jesus, and why it’s important to remind yourself that God is with you in the midst of the disappointment.
- Christine explains why it’s only important to focus on what God thinks and wants instead of the opinions of the world.
- Why it’s important for us to emphasize our faith before trials come, much like keeping your body in shape.
- And many more!
Rate & Review
If you enjoy this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or Stitcher Radio and subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast! While you’re there, please leave us a rating and a review. We love to hear feedback from all of our subscribers!
If you know somebody in your life who could benefit from hearing God’s truth in this latest conversation, please share this episode on your social networks.
If you would like even more resources to help when the unexpected happens, download the iDisciple app and try the Depending on God in Difficult Times Growth Plan! Since 2013, iDisciple has been leading people into a closer relationship with God through music, sermons, and devotionals, all in the palm of your hand! Check out www.idisciple.org to learn more, and sign-up for iDisciple today.
Thanks again for tuning in. God bless!