On this episode of the iDisciple Podcast, iDisciple CEO David Henriksen is joined by Chuck Bentley, CEO of Crown Financial Ministries and a close friend of the iDisciple Family. Chuck shares with us some of the invaluable wisdom that he and his wife Ann have gathered over the years on the intersection of marriage and finances, and introduces us to their new book, Money Problems, Marriage Solutions.
After decades in the secular business world, Chuck’s life was radically transformed when his wife convinced him to try out a Crown Financial Bible Study, where he realized he had spent his life trying to serve two masters, God and money, and failing at both. Eventually, Chuck would join the Crown Financial team and has spent most of the last two decades teaching biblical principles about finance to people all around the world.
Chuck is the author of 5 books, including the most recent book that he co-authored with Ann: Money Problems, Marriage Solutions. The Bentley’s new book was inspired by their personal journey from financial mistakes and arguments to unity and financial health. It aims to transform the lives of married couples who might be letting money rule their marriages.
We pray that the wisdom Chuck brings to today’s conversation will have the power to radically transform the way you approach relationships and your finances!
Subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast
- Chuck explains why finances in marriage are a paradox, and can be either destructive or unifying for your relationship.
- Why you need to align with your spouse and find a shared worldview about money, instead of pursuing two different things.
- How Ann urging Chuck to attend a bible study about money set the groundwork for completely transforming their marriage.
- Why finances in marriage are a prime target for spiritual attack in the first place.
- Chuck breaks down some of the 7 Keys from Money Problems, Money Solutions, particularly emphasizing the importance of being peacemakers.
- Why financial stress in marriage can’t be fixed by more money or less money because the real problem is in your heart.
- And many more!
Thank you so much for joining us! We hope and pray that this episode of the iDisciple podcast was enlightening and relevant to you.
Rate & Review
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or Stitcher Radio and subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast. While you’re there, please leave us a rating and a review. We love to hear feedback from all of our subscribers!
Do you know somebody in your life who could benefit from hearing God’s truth in this latest conversation? Please share this episode on your social networks.
If you would like even more life-changing content from Chuck Bentley, download the iDisciple app! Since 2013, iDisciple has been leading people into a closer relationship with God through music, sermons, and devotionals, all in the palm of your hand! Check out iDisciple to learn more, and sign-up for iDisciple today.
Thanks again for tuning in. God bless!