On this episode of the iDisciple Podcast, iDisciple CEO David Henriksen is joined by two amazing men, writer and speaker Francis Chan and Crisis Aid International CEO Pat Bradley. Francis and Pat are joining us to share how they are teaming up to change the lives of people around the world who were born into horrible situations.
Subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast
Francis Chan is the founder and president of Crazy Love Ministries, and bestselling author of Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God, and co-author of You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity.
Pat Bradley is the Founder and CEO of Crisis Aid International, a non-profit that serves in some of the most war-torn and poverty-stricken places on Earth, battling famine, disease, disasters, and sex trafficking.
Francis and his wife Lisa spent their 20th wedding anniversary serving with Crisis Aid International in East Africa and came face-to-face with some of the most extreme poverty on Earth. After coming home from the trip, Francis and Lisa were moved to do something drastic to address the horrible issues they witnessed. They self-published their next book on marriage, You and Me Forever, and committed to donate all of the proceeds to organizations fighting extreme poverty.
We pray that the powerful stories shared in this episode move you to make a difference in the world!
- Francis describes some of the horrific things he saw in East Africa as “…what the world would be devoid of God” but also explains how they were able to see hope in those hopeless places.
- Pat educates us on a few of the ways that Crisis Aid is doing the Lord’s work in East Africa, including purchasing a brothel in the red-light district and transforming it into a vocational training school to educate women.
- How the Chan’s book about marriage, You and Me Forever, puts a strong emphasis on you and your spouse’s shared “mission”.
- Why we should be so aware of our fragility as humans and focus on making an impact with our lives right now.
- Francis implores us all as believers to seek out the calling that God has for our lives and pursue it wholeheartedly.
- And many more!
Thank you so much for joining us! We hope and pray that this episode of the iDisciple podcast was enlightening and relevant to you.
Rate & Review
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher Radio and subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast. While you’re there, please feel free leave us a rating and a review. We love to hear feedback from all of our subscribers!
Do you know somebody in your life who could benefit from hearing God’s truth in this latest conversation? Please share this episode on your social networks.
If you would like even more life-changing content from Francis Chan, download the iDisciple app on your preferred mobile device and subscribe to the You and Me Forever Growth Plan www.idisciple.org to learn more, and sign-up for iDisciple today.
To get involved with the incredible work Crisis Aid International is doing in the world, visit https://www.crisisaid.org/ and follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/crisisaid/
Thanks again for tuning in. God bless!