This episode is all about raising awareness for the fight against childhood sexual abuse and exploitation. iDisciple CEO David Henriksen and Mary Frances Bowley have a gripping conversation about what lead her from a career in elementary education to leading the charge for an organization dedicated to fighting sex abuse and sex trafficking.
Subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast
Mary Frances Bowley is the Founder and Executive Director of Wellspring Living. This organization has been fighting childhood sexual abuse and exploitation since 2001. She is a leader in bringing the fight against child sex-trafficking to Atlanta and is a founding member of the Georgia Statewide Human Trafficking Task Force.
Mary Frances was appointed to the Governor’s Commission on Domestic Violence in 2010. She was awarded the Martin Luther King Community Service Award and the AKA Humanitarian Award. She is also the author of three books, ‘A League of Dangerous Women’, ‘The White Umbrella’, and her latest book, ‘Make It Zero’. Mary Frances resides in Peachtree City with her husband.
We hope this episode shines a light on the way God is working even in the darkest of situations, and inspires you find a way to make a difference in your life.
- Mary Frances highlights the importance of doing something to address a problem as big as human trafficking and trusting God to show you the next steps.
- How important it is to meet a variety of needs for the girls Wellspring Living takes in, including physical, spiritual, and mental healing.
- Why she wrote her most recent book, Make it Zero, to help lead people from talking about a problem to actively trying to solve it.
- Hear some of the simple solutions for keeping children safe and far away from situations where they might be taken advantage of.
- How Mary Frances has relied on her faith to sustain her while witnessing so much evil and darkness in her time with Wellspring Living.
- And many more!
Thank you so much for joining us! We hope and pray that this episode of the iDisciple podcast was enlightening and relevant to you.
Rate and Review
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher Radio and subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast. While you’re there, please feel free leave us a rating and a review. We love to hear feedback from all of our subscribers!
Do you know somebody in your life who could benefit from hearing God’s truth in this latest conversation? Please share this episode on your social networks.
If you would like even more life-changing content from today’s top Christian leaders, download the iDisciple app for your preferred mobile device. Since 2013, iDisciple has been leading people into a closer relationship with God through music, sermons, and devotionals, all in the palm of your hand! Check out www.idisciple.org to learn more, and sign-up for iDisciple today.
Thanks again for tuning in. God bless!