On this episode of the iDisciple Podcast, iDisciple CEO David Henriksen is joined by Bobby Smith, Spencer Roth, and Jordan Watts, three talented members of Johnson Ferry Worship, a collective of worship musicians based outside of Atlanta. The band discusses the songwriting process what lead them to become worship leaders, and shares some of the inspiration behind their brand new album, Always Only Jesus.
Johnson Ferry Worship was born out of Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, a church of more than 8,000 people outside of Atlanta. As a band, Johnson Ferry Worship exists to see a culture of worship swell up in their congregation. They desire to worship Christ with their whole lives, and through the arts and original music, they hope to engage hearts, minds, and souls. The band just released their debut album of twelve original songs, entitled Always Only Jesus. The album hits on a variety of emotions, from songs of joy to songs of sorrow, mingling together in a broad collection of worship that expresses the full life a believer encounters.
We pray that this episode will give you an enlightening glimpse into the lives of worship leaders, and will move you to worship God with your whole lives!
Subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast
- The trio explains how Johnson Ferry Worship came to be, and specifically how the three of them decided to start writing worship music together.
- Bobby explains the phrase, “We believe that good theology leads to great doxology,” and why it’s important for their songwriting.
- Why it’s important to value the content of their worship music first and foremost before they decide on a style for a song.
- We get to listen to The Cross Still Stands, the first single from Always Only Jesus.
- What they want to happen from the release of their album, specifically sharing their desire for watching the church connect with the Lord deeply.
- And many more!
Thank you so much for joining us! We hope and pray that this episode of the iDisciple podcast was enlightening and relevant to you.
Rate & Review
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or Stitcher Radio and subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast. While you’re there, please leave us a rating and a review. We love to hear feedback from all of our subscribers!
Do you know somebody in your life who could benefit from hearing God’s truth in this latest conversation? Please share this episode on your social networks!
If you would like even more life-changing content, download the iDisciple app for your preferred mobile device or visit us at iDisciple. Since 2013, iDisciple has been leading people into a closer relationship with God through music, sermons, and devotionals, all in the palm of your hand!
Thanks again for tuning in. God bless!