On the latest episode of the iDisciple Podcast, iDisciple CEO David Henriksen is joined by one of iDisciple’s incredible Kingdom Partners, John Bevere. John and his wife Lisa lead Messenger International, a ministry that has spent decades spreading the Gospel. Along with leading Messenger International, John travels the globe speaking and sharing the Gospel, and is the writer of multiple books. John is joining us to discuss his latest book, Killing Kryptonite: Destroy What Steals Your Strength, and to share some insights into tapping into the power of the Holy Spirit.
John and Lisa founded Messenger International in 1990, and in almost three decades of ministry have been able to spread the good news of Jesus Christ around the world, and transform millions of lives in the process. The Beveres have a heart to not only see believers know the Word, but to walk in the fullness of its power.
Killing Kryptonite is a challenging read that addresses that very mission, and offers answers to why so many of us are unable to experience the divine strength that was evident among first-century Christians. In the book, John reveals what this kryptonite is for many believers, why it’s compromising our communities, and how to break free from its bondage.
We pray that John’s passion and biblical wisdom will stir you to action in your own life, and that this podcast will help you walk in the fullness of Jesus’ power!
Subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast
- John shares how God moved him to write books despite English being his “worst subject”, and how God has used him as a writer to reach people in more than a hundred languages.
- Why he feels that the message of Killing Kryptonite is such an important and necessary message to get into the hands of believers.
- John expounds on one of the key passages behind the book, 1 Corinthians 11:17-34, and explains how the church in Corinth was weakened because of their inability to honor Jesus’ body, the church.
- The importance of Paul saying in the Word that his goal wasn’t just to be “pleasing” but to be “well-pleasing”.
- How our spiritual “kryptonite” can ultimately be boiled down to idolatry, and why we need to have a better understanding of what idolatry truly is.
- Why true repentance is such a crucial component to our faith, and uses his marriage as a great metaphor for the posture of repentance.
- And many more great biblical takeaways!
Thank you so much for joining us! We hope and pray that this episode of the iDisciple podcast was enlightening and relevant to you.
Rate & Review
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to Apple Podcast, Google Play, or Stitcher Radio and subscribe to the iDisciple Podcast. While you’re there, please leave us a rating and a review. We love to hear feedback from all of our subscribers!
Do you know somebody in your life who could benefit from hearing God’s truth in this latest conversation? Please share this episode on your social networks.
If you would like even more life-changing content from authors like John Bevere, download the iDisciple app for your preferred mobile device today! Since 2013, iDisciple has been leading people into a closer relationship with God through music, sermons, and devotionals, all in the palm of your hand! Check out iDisciple to learn more.
Thanks again for tuning in. God bless!